Saturday, July 19, 2008

Nesting

After a lot of planning, shopping, painting, and sewing the bedrooms are done! This is the before for the little girls' room (that used to be the big girls' room):


The after:The yellow room was painted apple green. I sewed the duvets (split one in half and used a cheap sheet for the back side to save money), decorative pillows, bedskirts (added trim to a premade bedskirt), and drapes (added trim to premade sheers). The girls helped decorate the "S"es.

Do you like how I decorated mine backwards? Yeah, a 5 and 7 year old put their "s" the correct way. I quickly did the other side so it could hang correctly!

I recovered some bulletin boards. The lamp is from IKEA, with a little trim added.

This is the nursery before:
Now, transformed into a big girl/little boy room by some batten board, paint, and a lot of furniture!
Jonathan working hard-isn't he great?

The after:

I sewed the slipcover for the headboard, decorative pillow, bedskirt, cribskirt, bumper pads, crib quilt, and valance. The lamp is from IKEA with a little trim added.

I have a lot of photos of some of the projects: making the duvets and crib quilt. Let me know if you'd like to learn more!

Tours are available at the minimal cost of a plate of goodies!

P.S.
I had to make one for myself!



So, can I go into labor now? Please!

4 comments:

avalentine said...

cuuuuute! i love that floral fabric for the little girls room. and i can't believe what a "grown up" bed sloane has!!! happy labor! see you soon!

whitney said...

soo cute!! you've taken nesting to the next level! hang in there the end is in sight! good luck! much love!

Chantry said...

You have my permission. I love their rooms, they look awesome.

The Despain Gang said...

Talent--that's all I got to say. You're an amazing piece of work--Gina. Seriously you blow my mind with your ability to see the big picture. So great! Love the color scheme; design concept; wood work; etc.
Well done!
-melissa