Wednesday, July 30, 2008

He's home!


The first week has been great. Porter has such a good disposition. His sisters have been so gentle and loving with him. Porter got the hang of nursing and I remember how newborn poo smells like buttered popcorn (I'm not kidding!) Thanks for all of your well wishes. We love him!

Getting a little bath.
Getting a little nap.Getting a little bonding time with dad.

We were blessed with so many great gifts from friends and family. I did do a few projects for the babe. Jonathan asked me how many blankets I've made.

Only four.

Monkeys (fabric on the back) were the inspiration for this rag quilt. The other fabrics are polka dots, mini stripe, and solid white.


This seersucker quilt is made with leftover material from the girls' Easter dresses and a couple of worn out shirts of Jonathan's. It's a perfect lightweight summer blanket.


This is his crib quilt. I embroidered the circles, then machine quilted the grid.

A simple fun cotton and flannel quilt. There is decorative stitching around the edge to hold it together.


I am still the sewing friend, after all!

4 comments:

The Despain Gang said...

Cute little man; he's adorable! You're very talented making babies and blankets! :)
-Melissa

Lisa said...

Where's Margaret's quilt, punk?

Tracy the GREAT said...

blue looks good! you guys are amazing! how do you do it with four?

Julie Ramsay said...

Hi Gina! Porter is so cute. Looks just like Jonathan I think...which is only fair. I think the girls look great looking like their moms and the boys like their dads. I don't want my daughter to look just like my husband's....okay I'm getting off on some weird rampage. Your baby is adorable and I think I'll take a sewing class! Love, Jul