New Year's Resolutions Part 2
Okay, so I'm not posting in a timely manner (#1) because I signed up on Facebook (#5). I'm not much lighter (#2), but I have until May 16th! I have been able to sleep more (#4 and #6), but not as consistently as I would like.
I still have to post a cool sewing project (#3) which I will before the end of the month.
Here's what I have been doing:
Skiing with the family.
Uno tournaments with the girls and Jonathan.
Making cinnamon rolls with some helpers (hey, at least the apron is being used!)
Is anyone inspired (#7) yet?
Monday, January 19, 2009
Tuesday, January 06, 2009
Happy New Year!
New Year Resolutions:
1. Post in a more timely manner. Like, all the stuff I made for Christmas.
Aprons for the girls (this was the big surprise with a Cupcake Maker):
So, it's apparently genetic because my mom made aprons for me and my sisters.
Covered notebooks for teachers:
Wallets for my girlfriends (some snapped, some had snappy buttons!):
I made about 1 billion, but didn't take pics before I gave them away.
I also made some doll clothes for Madame Alexander 18" dolls my girls have and a super sweet purse for my sister, Amanda, but I don't have pictures. Amanda, post a picture so everyone can see how cute it is!
2. Lose 20lbs. by May 16th. (Yes, I know it's hard to believe! there is 20 there to lose-I hide it well!)
I'm running a half marathon then and although my baby is ONLY 5 1/2 months old, I really don't want to buy a new wardrobe, so I'll just have to stop eating cookies (and brownies and coconut cake and shortening-laden banana bread and....) and start running again. Unfortunately, I'm in the beginning stages and it makes me tired and sore.
3. Post one cool sewing project a month.
I'd really like to have something original and creative and quick available once a month, but I may just have to link to something once a month. I'd like to learn how to make a PDF and have it pop-up to be a printed pattern. Anyone know how to do this quickly? Or, maybe I'll sketch something and scan it-any ideas on how best to share?
4. Sleep more than 4 hours in a row. 'Nuff said!
5. Get on Facebook. It may take until May to have this happen, but I want to be hip with the kids (plus, my entire family and high school is on it!)
6. Get more than 4 hours of sleep in a row. Uh, did I say that already?
7. Inspire you all to SEW MORE in '09!
at 3:22 PM