Thursday, April 17, 2008

Easter Dresses

Yes, Easter is long past, but I thought I'd share the dresses I made for the girls.


I used a linen and white seersucker for the big girls' dresses and a printed linen and eyelet for Syd. I then made ties for the big girls out of the printed linen and roses out of the eyelet. I have three girls-we have to coordinate.


I almost made a skirt for myself, but thought that may be going a little too far (although since I have the fabric...)

The patterns used are the following:


This one was sized perfectly for Syd and she loved the built-in apron.


This one was huge (but my girls are small). I used size 3 for Sheridan (who will be 5 soon) and size 4 for Sloane (who will be 7 soon). They loved how "swirly" it was and spun around all day.

NOTE: I circle the size cut out on the package (patterns contain several sizes). If I plan to make 2 dresses out of a pattern, I cut the bigger size first, then the smaller OR buy two patterns (you can get them on sale for $1 or $2 most of the time.)


The dresses got some grass stains later at Grandma's for an Easter egg hunt, but the fabric washed up nicely and no more stains!

I made these in about 2 days of on/off sewing. They were simple-try one!

3 comments:

Kimmie said...

Gina... you are amazing!!

karlin said...

I only wish I was as talented as you!

Rachie said...

Your girls are so grown up...I would like to see you in your new Easter outfit too!