Friday, March 21, 2008

I made a reversible skirt for Sloane. It's been in the works for literally months (in my head!) I've been working on a pattern for a friend who had the idea (thanks, Calli!), and this is what I came up with: The top and bottom are black and red gingham, respectively and the center has embroidered ladybugs. It's very full and very girly. Now, there are only a few minor adjustments and I'll make some for her girls!

Speaking of girly, here's the girls with their new haircuts. They all loved to sit and be pampered. I really should take them more often than twice a year!

This is her first "professional" haircut. Syd before:
We had to spring up those curls! I should take a picture of the back. Syd after:
Sher before:
So demure. Sher after:
Shot at Princesses on Ice-yes, we're very girly! Sloane before:
You didn't know that I had a twenty year old? Sloane after:
Patti (our stylist) with the girls.Sloane woke up early the next day, dressed before I was out of bed, because she was so excited about her new haircut.

7 comments:

Kristen said...

soooo dang cute! I can't wait to see your boy version!

Kimmie said...

Super cute! I am ready to cut Emmie's hair but I have the fear.. help me through it? Does Jonathon own a shot gun? Cause those girls of yours are going to have the boys coming! Love you!

wendysue said...

So cute, and such little Ginas. That's totally your haircut from when you were little! I love it! and yes, when did Sloane turn 20?

Bek said...

Wow... they are little Gina's, but that Syd looks like her Daddy....

Great hair cuts!! We also cut the long hair about a year ago and found it is much easier to care for....

More posts and more pictures Miss Gina...those girls are too cute to hide.

Gretchen said...

Hey Gina, It is your cousin Gretchen. I hope you don't mind, I got on your site through Kimmies site. I just started blogging and found out that a lot of my cousins blog. I can now stay better in touch with family. Modern technology is great. I can't believe how big your kids are. Time just seems to be flying by.
My blog is
cg4dhomer.blogspot.com

Gina said...

I'm so glad that my cousins are coming to visit (my blog that is)! It's great to hear from you all! I will be posting some more pictures soon, maybe even of my largess.

karlin said...

I thought Sydney got a hair cut after seeing her! Okay... so you've convinced me to cut Avaree's hair. Your girls look so dang cute. Avaree's hair is so fine and I don't know what to do with it. Cute skirt by the way. I live through you and your sewing talent.