Saturday, March 08, 2008

The older I get the less I believe in "good luck." I have had "good luck" in my life. I've always been healthy, learning has come easy to me, my family is stable and I had a great childhood, my husband is really THE BEST, and my children have come into this world trouble-free. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I don't believe in "good luck" anymore because I don't think so many good things could happen to one person out of happenstance
. I believe in grace from God.

There is nothing I could have done, consciously or unconsciously, that would warrant my good life. It is solely through a loving Creator that things work out. Now, as I say all of this I have to point out my latest grace:

We're having a boy! (But I'm not going to show you his stuff, just trust me, it's a boy!)


We did all the things you're "supposed" to do to have a boy-want details? give me a call-but I don't think it is ever really up to us. The Good Lord shared this blessing of one of his sons to be part of our family and we couldn't be happier.

He even crosses his feet like his dad does when he's asleep on his stomach!


How do you show gratitude for that?

Acknowledge the Power that allowed it.

Thank you God.

12 comments:

Ahnah said...

Congratulations! A boy! I bet your girls are just thrilled. How exciting.

C. Jane Kendrick said...

I've been waiting and waiting to hear the news! You are right, God is good. Really, really good to us all.

Yay for brothers!

wendysue said...

Congratulations Gina! (I guess God really did hear our little chant we were doing last summer as we left each other. . ."boy, boy, boy, boy, boy, boy, boy"

Yippee!!

p.s. "sweet baby james" LOVE it. (and the song)

Anonymous said...

Congradulations!
I guess someone heard your prayers...!
hahah
Good is really good and it's always a joy when he's been so good to such a good person as you.
;)
Have a nice week.

Rachie said...

Yeah for you! I am sure your hubby is estatic!

Kimmie said...

You did it!! I am so excited for you!!

Anonymous said...

Can't agree with you more about great things happening because of God's grace.

I've had my own share of incredible blessings and miracles from God, but you'd probably laugh at me if I told you about them. [And you don't even know me so that would be just WEIRD! I just came across your blog and was inspired by this particular entry.]

Anyway, congrats on having your first baby boy! WOOT! :)

Jill said...

I too believe in the grace of God. In ALL things.

Even when things don't turn out as I had hoped, He is there to carry me through. His grace is sufficient to make all thinks manageable and doable.

We are so thrilled for you and Jonny and can't wait to meet little PRJ.

Kristen said...

Oh boy!!! I'm sooo excited for you! What good news!!

topher clark said...

BORING!!! Let's get back to what matters: making cute purses.

karlin said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Cute ultrasound pictures. Looks like he is going to fit in with all your cute girls! You have been blessed!

Terri said...

Congratulations Gina and Jonathan! Robbie is almost 6 months old now... he is so much fun, and my girls adore him. Your girls are gonna love having that little boy around. x0x0x