Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I made a cute purse.


I love the prequilted, doublesided fabric available today. I used a Sewing For Dummies pattern, but adapted it without a lining for use with the doublesided fabric.

I cut a strip of the brown fabric and inserted it on the turquoise fabric.

The wooden rings were bought at Joann's as was the fabric-when on sale of course!

I need pockets, but now it's just one big open space, but was fast and I like it.

I used a magnetic snap . Those things are pretty easy to install, but seem floppy to me. I put a piece of cardboard in it to prevent the fabric from ripping when pulled open. I saw on another blog that if you treat the opening like a buttonhole and use stabilizer, then the opening won't tear with repeated use. Good idea-I just read it AFTER I made the purse!

I'd be happy to make one for you for ONE MILLION DOLLARS! You can have mine when I get sick of it!

TEASER: Check back for the Halloween costumes I've made for the girls. Go, team!

3 comments:

Bek said...

Gina there is nothing that you don't do with style. Really.

So, I have a few projects coming up and I want to PAY someone to do them..namely pillow covers for the LR, curtians for the kitchen, and a few church bags for the kids. One for each of my four and two for gifts for Christmas. I don't knwo if you take projects, but you are the best sewer I know... what do you think?

P.S. How is it possible that all three of your girls have EXACTLY the same shade of hair. That is so cool!!!! They are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Your sewing is awesome. Congratulations on the amazing purse,I'd sure buy one (maybe not for a million dollars though).

Anonymous said...

How cute is THIS?? Let's make some when I come out!