Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Okay, I'm first to admit this is a bit cheesey, but hey, that's me! My brother, famous brother, flew us to a party in LA in May. So, to thank him, I sewed some tea towels with different kinds of guitars. Really, what else do you get someone who has everything?
Well, sister, he didn't have this:



This is my favorite one-the double guitar:


Now, tell me that's not cute! I hope his housekeeper appreciates them!

Well, my daughter lost a tooth, her first. So, of course she needed a tooth pillow. She and I designed it together. She was very specific about the look of the fairy-black curly hair, big basket for the teeth, etc. She also wanted to include a note every time the fairy came to visit, so we did:


Seriously cute, don't you think?

Embroidery can be a fun, quick, and satisfying project. You can frame them, make a pillow, use as a quilt square, use on a card or for scrapbooking. I enjoy a little hand sewing now and then.

1 comment:

wendysue said...

All I can say is he better show those towels on his episode of Cribs!! (Do they still have that show?)

Super cute tooth fairy pillow!!