Monday, January 19, 2009

New Year's Resolutions Part 2

Okay, so I'm not posting in a timely manner (#1) because I signed up on Facebook (#5). I'm not much lighter (#2), but I have until May 16th! I have been able to sleep more (#4 and #6), but not as consistently as I would like.

I still have to post a cool sewing project (#3) which I will before the end of the month.

Here's what I have been doing:

Skiing with the family.



Uno tournaments with the girls and Jonathan.



Making cinnamon rolls with some helpers (hey, at least the apron is being used!)



Is anyone inspired (#7) yet?


4 comments:

Tracy the GREAT said...

Ummm, yummy. I want to try some. Hey, I made chocolate cake and threw away the last little bit so I wouldn't eat it! (okay, not before I scraped all the frosting off. Don't tell Eric)

Lisa said...

The kids and I can't stop laughing at that picture of Sydney! (or as Hugh lovingly calls her, "Cindy!")

Bek said...

I also have been chuckling at the picture of Sydney... she is so funny!

Ok Sewing Friend, I have been inspired to sew a quilt for my girls sweet home worker. She is going to have a girl in a few months and I want to do a windmill quilt (the easy kind with lots of triangles sewed together).. I need two things from you...A--I need some fun ideas for colors. You put them together so well. I remember one of the Bean's you made was brown and yellowish....could you pick pictures from fabric websites and show me some fun combos? I could also do one with lots of squares. I pretty much can do straight line sewing....

And, two...binding.. can you give me step by step instructions for binding it? I have done it before but I need a brush up. I also would love some ideas of a fun way finish it..some sort of fun border between the windmills and the boarder.....

You have inspired me to sew something... so now I just need the sewing friend to help me...

Gina said...

That photo is the quintessential Sydney! I will answer your quilting queries Bek-it may take me a little time though!