Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Happy New Year!

New Year Resolutions:
1. Post in a more timely manner. Like, all the stuff I made for Christmas.

Aprons for the girls (this was the big surprise with a Cupcake Maker):




So, it's apparently genetic because my mom made aprons for me and my sisters.

Covered notebooks for teachers:



Wallets for my girlfriends (some snapped, some had snappy buttons!):
I made about 1 billion, but didn't take pics before I gave them away.



I also made some doll clothes for Madame Alexander 18" dolls my girls have and a super sweet purse for my sister, Amanda, but I don't have pictures. Amanda, post a picture so everyone can see how cute it is!

2. Lose 20lbs. by May 16th. (Yes, I know it's hard to believe! there is 20 there to lose-I hide it well!)
I'm running a half marathon then and although my baby is ONLY 5 1/2 months old, I really don't want to buy a new wardrobe, so I'll just have to stop eating cookies (and brownies and coconut cake and shortening-laden banana bread and....) and start running again. Unfortunately, I'm in the beginning stages and it makes me tired and sore.

3. Post one cool sewing project a month.
I'd really like to have something original and creative and quick available once a month, but I may just have to link to something once a month. I'd like to learn how to make a PDF and have it pop-up to be a printed pattern. Anyone know how to do this quickly? Or, maybe I'll sketch something and scan it-any ideas on how best to share?

4. Sleep more than 4 hours in a row. 'Nuff said!



5. Get on Facebook. It may take until May to have this happen, but I want to be hip with the kids (plus, my entire family and high school is on it!)

6. Get more than 4 hours of sleep in a row. Uh, did I say that already?

7. Inspire you all to SEW MORE in '09!

6 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

You are amazing! I'm trying to read the book of mormon in german this year... I'll send you an invite for facebook...its not too difficult!

karlin said...

cute projects! i just started facebook about a month ago and it's crazy but really easy.

~Amanda~ said...

Get on Facebook now! It takes 30 seconds to sign up and then update as you go. Hope to see you there!

Tracy the GREAT said...

You're soooo ambitious. My new years resolution is to get up every morning. Ha! J/K

Gina said...

Okay, I'm on Facebook now and I got 7 hours of sleep in a row last night! Two down (the hard ones still to go)...is anyone inspired to sew more yet?

britmellen said...

Dang, girl! How do you find time to sew up all that cute stuff? I need lessons...