Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am thankful for long naptimes that allow me to get really simple, moderately stupid projects done.

Hanging Head Mobile
So, I made this for Porty because he stares into space all the time (well, he is 4 months old). Here is how:

1. Paint an embroidery hoop white.
2. Glue the hoop together at two points.
3. Tie various types of ribbon (not too thick or it's too hard to tie) around animal finger puppets (I got mine from IKEA.)
4. Tie the ribbon-choked animals to the embroidery hoop. Cover the hardware of the embroidery hoop with a ribbon.
5. Attach fishing line and a thumbtack and hang it off the ceiling.
6. Place baby beneath and watch them stare.

View from the side:
Sheridan was my little helper.

View from below:The faces hang down so there is someone to look at.

View of my cute kiddies:


4 comments:

Amanda Valentine said...

Um........ where did Porter come from??? He is GORGEOUS. I guess he's got big blue eyes and big mouth... he's a Valentine alright!!!

karlin said...

so cute and creative! porter is a doll and i liked the all star hanging in the background... :) good way to hang it!

~Amanda~ said...

I have those finger puppets - cute idea! And cuter kids!!! I hope your family is well!

Tracy the GREAT said...

Look how cute they are! You're soooo good at saving money by making your own stuff. Love it! I'm makin truffles and PB cups on Fri at 1:30. Comin'?