Monday, June 16, 2008

Cravings
I can't get enough of these:
I got these for my birthday:They're honey roasted chipotle peanuts, yeah, perfect mix of sweet and spicy.

I have eaten a whole bag of these:
NOTE: I did find Syd snitching on these one day, so I know I didn't eat the whole 64 oz. Costco bag myself! I did make some cookies with them, but pretty much kept the zip-top open for my convenience! I think I'll stick to buying the 12 oz. packages instead.

Between feedings, I managed to make some doll furnishings for my sister-in-law.
This is a doll bed mattress made with real ticking, stuffed with commercial batting, and tacked in 10 places so it won't shift.I also made a little quilt and pillow out of cotton and star minkee with pink rick rack edging. Then, not to waste fabric, I put together another simple blanket.
I think they're cute. I love quick, easy projects. You feel accomplished, but didn't have to put in too much work or worry about perfection (too much). This only took about 1 1/2 hours including cutting, pressing, and sewing time.

4 comments:

The Despain Gang said...

The doll bedding is so tiny, cute! Love it! One of these days I'm going to get with it and sew something great and fun. I've made a hopeful, future baby girl a baby blanket and made Boston one (but Boston was crocheted so I don't know if that counts).

Yep, those blueberry muffins are yum!

-Melissa

Carrie said...

I have no excuse for those cravings yet I still seem to find my hand reaching into that yummy bag of chocolate chips in my cupboard...and the bag of potato chips, and the cookies, and so on. Happy munching!

Bek said...

Yum. I got some Hot Honeys for Christmas. They are GOOD.

Hope you are feeling well. Did Lisa give you my little present yet? Remind her.

As for the doll bedding, even I can do this project--and that is saying something. I give each of my girls one of the wooden IKEA dollbeds when they turn two and each Christmas they get new bedding...again, if I can do it, a slighly blind monkey can do it..

Can't wait to see the new little guy...isn't he here YET?

Gina said...

Thanks for that Bek-see ANYONE-even a blind monkey-can sew! (Although Bek is humble about her talents). I got your gifts from Lisa. Thanks! I have yet to get your address from her to give you a proper thank you!