Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Generosity on a deck:

Some of my friends threw me a surprise baby shower. I even walked by the balloons tied to a huge box of diapers, thinking it was for something else! I got set-up in two ways. The first is the shock of a baby shower. I hadn't wanted one because it's embarrassing to have a shower for your 4th baby, even if it is your first boy. The second is by all the great gifts I received. I got outfits (onesies, shorts, t-shirts, rompers, gowns), blankets, diapers, burp cloths, shoes, socks, baby wash and lotion. All of it boy-themed and darling.

I thought I was just going to the BBQ planned for the DNA Cycling Team (Jonathan and friends) at the Pogue's house. Apparently, my husband was in on it and had to delete a couple of errantly-sent emails. The BBQ in itself would have been enough. The food was fantastic, the weather ideal, and the kids fully occupied.

Heading down the waterslide.
Jonathan getting some boy time. Sloane being tickle-attacked by her father. Sydney (in borrowed swimshirt and shorts) enjoying the bounce house, but got a little cold.It was a great evening. No one wanted to leave. We all stood in the street talking, avoiding collecting our children, and dodging neighbors backing out of their driveways.

8 comments:

Jill said...

It was a magical evening. So happy to celebrate little PRJ. We are blessed by such wonderful friendships.

Kimmie said...

What FUN friends you have! Thank you friends for making my cousin happy... it makes up for your Birthday! Love you!!

Em said...

Gina! It's Emily Jenkins here. Long time no see! I sneaked a peak at your cute blog from Carrie Athay's and was thrilled to hear you have a baby boy on the way! Wonderful! We are so happy for you! Congrats! Best Wishes!

Gina said...

Welcome, Emily! Hope all is well across the pond.

The Despain Gang said...

How fun! I'm so glad they did that for you! You deserved it!
-Melissa

Em said...

Thanks Gina.... MIss you. Link:


http://web.mac.com/emilyajenkins/Jenkins_Family_Blog/Blog/Blog.html

Em said...

Sorry- that didn't work. You can find the link on Carrie's blog. :)

whitney said...

Gina-
a much belated reply to this entry! We love you and were so happy you were truly surprised! Thank you for being such a special part of our DNA/extended family! xo