Tuesday, September 11, 2007

So I got a call from my friend, Jill. Check out her blog. She asked about iron-on clothing labels, and since I'm the Sewing Friend, I found out where you can get some custom labels for a great price.

The first site I visited has your basic
One Line Label
printed name on white background. But it does give pointers on where to use your labels: Label Uses
I love this picture! The website is irononmdlabels.com.


The next site I thought worthy of checking out is Stuck on You:
I can't figure out how to capture their website pics, so check it out. It is very child-specific and cutesy. They have round iron on labels in addition to other traditional rectangular ones. They also carry a ton of kid-related products including ID wristbands, party invitations and temp tatoos, and personalized stickers and pencils. Very cute icons.

The king of them all (featured in O Magazine and Martha Stewart Weddings) is Name Maker. They make very cool, relatively inexpensive labels. You can get WOVEN as opposed to PRINTED labels. Even the cool woven ones can be made iron-on.

Clothing Labels 100%  Woven -Design Your Own

These are some of my favorites:

Style 36

The selection is great and the website is easy to use. So now all I need to do is figure out what I'd print on them?

I'm thinking I'd like to get some for gifts or when I begin my sewing empire. The Sewing Friend, MADE by Valentine, any suggestions?

5 comments:

Lisa said...

"JUST GINA!"

"IN YOUR FACE, SUCKA!"

"Mr. Kottah"

"From GINA'S SEWING EMPIRE"

"Because You Couldn't Make It Yourself"

"This took me X Hours to make"

"Have you PAID ME for my work yet?!"

"Rock On"

How about some of those, Gina?!~?

Anonymous said...

Don't you steal made by Valentine! Can't wait to scope out these links and buy some labels!

Anonymous said...

By the way... "Because you couldn't make it Yourself"???? AMAZING!

Gina said...

Pandy-I knew I had heard MADE by Valentine somewhere! See, I'll do all caps and it will be different! I'm also thinking about just using my name, but isn't that too pretentious-Kate Spade?

Lisa said...

Yes, it is too pretentious. And dangerous. You want to keep SOME aninmity when you've created your EMPIRE. . .

And Gina, don't steal Pandy's labels! That's so rude--like announcing your engagement at your sister's wedding. You just don't do that...

You need to come up with a catchy saying, because that's who you are.